Hi Guys!
So yesterday I did a thing! I attempted to make a scrapbook page based on a few different pictures I've seen on my Pinterest.
I printed a page from Shakespeare's "The Taming of The Shrew" (My favourite play from him)
And then painted the branches and roots in black watercolour.
However, I found it a bit plain after it was finished.
So I went over the tree with black acrylic paint to give it a little texture. I also added green acrylic leaves and a couple of apples to add a little colour. I think it works, though only for the top half of the design...
I definitely think next time I attempt it, I should sketch the branches first. The thin ones seemed to look nice, but the thick ones seem a little out of place...Next time I definitely want to make the large branches a little more delicate.
The future idea of this design is to turn it into a 2 page family tree, with my mothers side on one side and my fathers on the other. Though I'm playing with the idea of having the birds represent family members...or possibly create little colourful people that look like they are climbing the tree...
The "roots" of the tree symbolise the family to come from me and the possibilities of life.
Turned this design into a nail art pattern though for my online store - Pipstees
What do you guys think??


No comments :
Post a Comment